Sunday, March 24, 2013

Colon Cancer Awareness




As a Colon Hydrotherapist advocating colon health is a natural extension of what I love to do. I have always been exceedingly vocal and passionate when it comes to colon health and colon cancer awareness. 

Colon cancer is the second leading cancer killer in Canada. Over 23,00 Canadian men and women will be diagnosed this year alone. Colorectal cancer has a significant impact on mortality for men and women, with an estimated 9,200 deaths. 

In December 2010 I lost my wonderful Uncle after a long battle with colon cancer. My beautiful Aunt, his beloved wife also lost her battle to colon cancer in August 2006. Sadly, I know that I am not alone and my story is not unique. Cancer has touched the lives of many, some directly and others indirectly.

In spite of its high incidence, in a majority of cases colorectal cancer is preventable, treatable and beatable with early detection.

"Supporting the Fighters, Admiring the Survivors, Honoring the taken, and never ever giving up Hope."


No comments:

Post a Comment