I made these scrumptious truffles, a melange of dates, nuts and cacao for one of my educational workshops. They were a HIT! They are packed with flavour and nutrition.
Raw Vegan - Raw Cacao Hemp Truffles
- 1/2 cup almonds or walnuts
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- optional unsweetened unsulphured coconut flakes
- 6 - 8 Medjool dates, pitted
1. Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften (optional step)
2. While dates are soaking, place nuts, oats, hemp hearts, chia seeds, raw
cacao, and sea salt in a food processor. Blend until finely ground. Lastly, add a sprinkle of coconut flakes (optional) and blend well.
3. Add dates one at a time and process.
4. Mixture will resemble a crumbly texture. If mixture does not stick together add a few drops of water.
5. Gently roll into bite size balls. Approximately one tablespoon.
6. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Facts About Raw Cacao:
- Cacao contains flavonoids, a of chemical found in naturally in plants. These phytochemicals are known to fight a wide array of diseases.
- Cacao can increase the levels of serotonin your brain produces
- Cacao is packed with vitamins and antioxidants
- One of the main health benefits of cacao is high concentration of antioxidants.
Facts About Hemp Hearts:
- Contain the optimum ration of the polyunsaturated Omega 3 & 6
- One of nature's perfect super food
- Provides a broad spectrum of health benefits: increases & sustains energy, reduces inflammation, improves circulation, lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, reduces effects of chronic digestive problems.
Facts About Dates:
- Dates are high in iron
- Rich source of vitamins and minerals
- A rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in B1, B2, B3 & B5 along with vitamin A & C.
- Improves digestive system as they as it contains soluble and insoluble fibers.
Facts About Almonds:
- Almonds have long been revered as the epitome of health and wellness
- Rich in dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals
- Packed with numerous health promoting phyto-chemicals
- A complete source of energy
- Excellent source of vitamin E
- Packed with important B-complex