Sending you warm greetings and fun-filled wishes for Canada Day!
In honor and celebration of Canada Day, I made these delicious popsicles using fresh organic strawberries and organic plain greek yogurt. I selected this combination to represent the colors of the National Flag of Canada. You can use any combination of fruit with other healthy ingredients for various holidays or birthday celebration.
The possibilities for healthy, delicious, homemade pops are endless and I enjoy experimenting. During the hot summer season my produce-rich smoothie gets poured into popsicle molds ready for a healthy summer snack..
To make Festive Canada Day Popsicles
Oh, Canada! Strawberry Yogurt Pops
- 2 cups fresh organic strawberries
- 2 cups organic plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. pure unpasteurized honey (try a flavoured honey infused with natural complimentary ingredients like lavender, lemon or cinnamon) OR
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup (perfect for this Holiday frozen treat
- 6 popsicle molds
Makes 6 popsicles:
- Add strawberries and 1 tbsp. of maple syrup or honey in Vitamix or blender. Pulse mixture on low for a few seconds allowing contents to blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix yogurt and 1 tbsp. of honey
- Let the fun begin! Spoon strawberry and yogurt mixture alternately into popsicle molds.
- Place popsicle sticks inside each mold and allow popsicles to freeze for approximately 3 hours or overnight.
- Gently tap the popsicle mold on the counter a few times to release or avoid any air bubbles.
To remove popsicles, run popsicle molds under hot water for a couple of seconds while gently wiggling on the popsicles sticks to unmold.
I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we did!