"Everyday is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, & look at what can be."
Today is a new day, you have never lived this day before nor will you live it again. So what can you do to keep unfulfilled expectations from plaguing you? Expectations, even the seemingly insignificant ones can lead to problems when they are continually unfulfilled. Have you erected unrealistic images and goals that have become your inner focus? Our propensity is to hold on tightly to our past failures and disappointments leaving us deflated and immobilized. 20ll is gone so let it go! Don't dwell on the past but keep persevering and continually move forward. Be resolute in your heart and in 2012.
- Be realistic and specific - setting specific goals are the most motivating and attainable. Do something today to demonstrate your commitment. Start by writing it down. Which takes us to our next step.
- Keep a journal - journaling will help you keep track of your successes, gain perspective and help keep you accountable.
- Be proud of your accomplishments - Celebrate your successes and reward yourself accordingly.
- Be confident -A confident individual recovers from setbacks, disappointments & past failures. Exude confidence, what is your body language saying? Be aware of your attitude, posture & facial expression. So chin up, shoulders back and enjoy what life has to offer.
- Be positive - Confidence and negativity do not go together. They are like oil and water; they simply do not mix." Joyce Meyer Cultivate a positive attitude and ease in your life. It may be difficult at first but letting go of negative thoughts, fears and emotions is so liberating. Be mindful and recognize your internal dialogue and thought patterns. Being positive or negative is a choice.
"People who soar are those who refuse to sit back, sigh and wish things would change. They neither complain of their lot nor passively dream of some distant ship coming in. Rather, they visualize in their minds that they are not quitters; they will not allow life's circumstances to push them down and hold them under. - Charles R. Swindoll
Embrace change, find freedom and remember that life is a journey and not a destination -a process not a product.